Friday, August 21, 2020

A Great Walking Aid: The VIVE Rollator Upright Walker

 

I have been thinking about getting a walker ever since I took a vacation to the Virgin Islands and had to stay on ship much of the time because my back started to hurt after I stood for five or six minutes.Then  just recently I saw a magazine ad for  the Perfect Walker (also an upright walker). I quickly called and was told that the cost was $695 plus shipping and sales tax, and it wasn't covered by Medicare. So I went to the Web and found  dozens of walkers. (If you want to do your own research, technically a walker has only two wheels and must be lifted and slid to move forward.  Walkers with all four wheels are called rollators. Rollators that allow you to stand upright when you walk are labeled upright rollators..)

Walkers are as cheap as $50. I've seen one at Harbor Freight  for $69. Lowe's and Home Depot also carry them, via mail order, I  believe.  However, if you need assistance  walking and need to sit frequently,   please consider an upright rollator.

After searching around, I discovered that rollators range in prce from about $200 to $1800. I found an adjustable  rollator called the Vive, for $200. It is nice and sturdy (for up to 300 pounds), has a deep automobile shiny paint (metallic) coat, and a carry bag and cane holder..

The Vive appeared to have the most features and the price was at the low end. I thought that for $200 I wouldn't get anything spectacular, especially compared with the $1800 models, but I thought I'd give it a try. Free shipping is always a major incentive. Anyway, my Vive upright walker arrived today and I must say I am truly impressed by the quality of design, the attractiveness of the parts (the oval uprights, for example) and the strength of  the overall product. In  fact, the walker seems to be more rugged than needed (and I'm a 200 pound man). I look forward to using this rollator very often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment